Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Injuries

Two weeks today:
Miles: 15:9
Miles: 3:3
Total: 101

The past two weeks have been rough with injuries and school.  The first week, I skipped Monday because of an exam, ran Tuesday, skipped Wednesday because of sharp ankle pains, ran Thursday, skipped Friday because I thought it best, ran Saturday.  Some parts of the run had 3+ inches of snow on the sidewalks, almost all of it had about an inch, so I think I tweaked my knee slogging through that mess...  On Monday, I finished my 3 miles but the walk downhill was excruciating.  WebMD said I had runner's knee, so I took the rest of the week off with ice and compression on the knee.  I got 1.5 miles in yesterday, going to try 5 miles today but we'll see how far I get.  Better to miss a few miles now, rather than get injured again...

No comments:

Post a Comment