Monday, March 18, 2013

New Shoes and HEED

Miles this week: 12.5
Total miles: 37
Best thing: New shoes!!
Worst thing: Spring still hasn't come...

So this week, as mentioned before, was a little difficult because of travelling.  However, I had all intentions of doing all the mileage.  On Tuesday I got a bloody nose about as far from home as I could get, so that cut my milelage short that day.  For my long run on Saturday I got new shoes and HEED/Hammer Gel which seems to make all the difference.  Not only did I feel good running the five miles, I had negative splits with an 8:50 pace for the last mile!

This is the first week of the actual Hal Higdon program, so this is the make it or break it point.  I decided to go for broke, and signed up for the Marathon last week ($150, ouch!).

No comments:

Post a Comment